PA is just a few steps away from joining RGGI.
In the coming weeks and months, there will be significant opportunities to engage on critical RGGI procedures. This is a pivotal moment for energy efficiency in PA, and the KEEA team is excited to amplify the voices of Pennsylvania’s businesses.
This page will help you keep track of important developments and even get in the action!
Proposed rulemaking is posted; registration for public testimony opens
Testifying: Starting on this date, PA-based companies and residents registered to testify at virtual public hearings held in December. The DEP took input from industry stakeholders in order to understand what RGGI, and more specifically investment in EE, could mean for PA.
Regulations published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin; public comment period opens
• Ways to address equity and environmental justice concerns in the Commonwealth
• Approaches to assist the just and equitable transition of workers and communities
• Ways to appropriately address the benefits of cogeneration
Comments: To facilitate support for RGGI among the energy efficiency business community businesses, we are providing text for a comment on the draft RGGI ruling from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
If your company would like to join us in the call for investment of RGGI proceeds into energy efficiency, click below to read the full text and complete a short form. KEEA staff will insert your information into the comment and submit a final PDF version to the DEP, CCing you.
12/8/20 - 12/14/20
Virtual public hearings at the DEP
All interested parties were invited to testify at virtual public events on their views of RGGI’s impact. Through these hearings, we were able to spotlight the net-positive economic benefits the program will bring the state.
- Tue, Dec. 8, 9:00 am-Noon
- Tue, Dec. 8, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Wed, Dec. 9, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Wed, Dec. 9, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thu, Dec. 10, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Thu, Dec. 10, 6:00-9:00 pm
- Fri, Dec. 11, 9:00 am-Noon
- Fri, Dec. 11, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Mon, Dec. 14, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Mon, Dec. 14, 6:00-9:00 pm