Technical and Policy Director
- As GBA’s Technical & Policy Director, Kris provides green building assistance to building owners and project teams, as well as businesses, to help them take their existing and aspiring green projects to the next level. She also plays an active role in policy and advocacy efforts at both the local and state level to advance green building, policy conversations, and sustainable development.
- Kris has a depth of green building knowledge, experience with LEED and ENERGY STAR certifications, and holds the Certified Passive House Designer, LEED AP O+M and WELL AP credentials.
- Passionate about doing work that helps make the world a better place, Kris’ interests lie in greening our aging infrastructure and enabling a more equitable and healthy environment. Prior to joining GBA, she was part of the team at 3R Building Sustainability, where she investigated the feasibility of large multifamily buildings attaining LEED certification. She determined this through the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and by conducting a point-by-point LEED analysis. The results of her work were incorporated into energy audit reports and cost-benefit analyses. While earning her master’s degree, Kris coordinated outreach programs; performed data, collection, and life-cycle analyses; and wrote proposals and grants.
- Bonus: Kris recently renovated her home with the latest green best practices in mind. Be sure to say hi and ask her about that process when you see her around!
- Kris earned her master’s degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh and her Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.